BANK, n. Bank and bench are radically the word that is same. The feeling is, that which will be set, laid or extended. Put on scores of planet, it really is a group, that which will be tossed or set together.
1. A mound, heap or ridge of planet, raised above the surrounding simple, either being a protection or even for other purposes. 2 Sam.xx 15.
2. Any acclivity that is steep whether increasing from the river, a pond, or even the ocean, or forming along side it of a ravine, or even the high part of the hillock on an ordinary. We use the word shore; but a particular steep acclivity on the side of a lake, river or the sea, is called a bank when we speak of the earth in general adjoining a lake or the sea.
3. A work bench,or a bench of rowers, in a galley; so named from their seat.
Put on their banking institutions, the lusty Trojans sweep.
4. By analogy, an assortment or stock of income, deposited, by an amount of people, for a certain usage; that is, an aggregate of particulars, or perhaps a investment; because, to ascertain a bank, that is a joint investment.
5. The area where an accumulation of cash is deposited; a repository that is common of cash of people or of organizations; additionally a home employed for a bank. Continue reading You are told by us Exactly About KJV Dictionary Definition: bank